May 2, 2008

No Excuses

Assalamualaikum wa Rahmtullahi wa Barakatuh,

Insha’Allah you are all enjoying the blessings of Allah (swt),

Please watch the following video:



There is absolutely NO excuse, whatsoever, not to be aware of what goes on in the world today because our own brothers and sisters are treated so badly and it is a real shame when you come across people who don't know anything - who can't even take a few minutes to read the headlines to at least make du’a for what's going on. Why is it, that we can list off every celebrity, every TV show, new movies, new songs, but cannot for the life us, know what's going on in the Muslim world?

Then there are those who think Islam isn't about this - there are people who tell you it's wrong to "waste" time keeping up with what’s going on, to know what’s going on etc.! Islam is about worshiping One God - Allah (swt) and Allah (swt) has commanded us to want for our brothers and sisters what we want for ourselves. If we don't know what’s going on, how can we help? How can we at least, make du’a? Awareness is critical.

We watch Al-Jazeera a lot, so I first heard about this on Al-Jazeera, and then I found this youtube video, and I ask each and every one of you to take just a few minutes to watch this, and consider how your fellow Muslims are being treated - Just think about it - it could be you....but IT IS you! This man is OUR brother, our own brother... SubhanAllah.

Not to make this an essay, but trust me, it hurts me when I say "oh heard this news, heard that..." and I've come across people who can't tell you what Guantanamo even is! One person even asked my sister, "Is Guantanamo a song?" People don't know what's going on anywhere at all. Were happily wrapped in our own worlds - our own bubbles - but I have to remind everyone, me included and me first - when one part of the Ummah is in pain we all are affected - a single man's anguish is our anguish. The least we owe them - as Muslims, as our brothers and sisters, as HUMAN BEINGS - is du’a.

May Allah make it easy for this brother, his health is really bad, but insha’Allah we pray that he is happy, and the other two brothers too, who were released; Allahuma ansur ul muslimeen fi kulli makkan. Ameen.

P.S. I wrote this to get us all worked up...it wasn't meant to be rude or anything, so please forgive me and tell me if I did this the wrong way, I'd like to know. It’s just, this one video, makes us remember the plight of the others in that prison and insha’Allah we remember to make du’a for them. As much as the world wants to forget them, Allah SWT sees everything and we have to try not to forget.

Insha’Allah keep this brother in your du'as as today is Jumu’ah,

ma’asalaam =)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Salaam alaikum!

Really great post and I agree with you 100% here. I don't understand why people think Islam isn't about this- yes it's about Tawheed, but Islam tells us of the rights of people. Islam is all about justice- which is a natural path after you believe in one God and his ordinances.

In regards to your other questions: I'm not sure how you would do it, I used to have a Blogger but not anymore. I would guess play around with the settings a bit. Or if you wanted, you could give me your username and pass (change it to something dumb, lol), and I could try it myself? Whatever works for you.

And, no, I don't make "skins" for sites...I make layouts for my own blogs. Umm...how do I explain it...a skin is like, you can change it pretty easily, through just one link if you wanted. But I haven't optimized my blogs for skinning. I change the layouts from time to time...layouts are harder to change, less fluid, but still awesome. =D

Thanks for your wonderful compliments, btw! ^__^